Structural dynamics, steel structures, computer application in the field of structural engineering, finite element analysis, structural reliability and optimization is included in the syllabus of M.Tech in Structural Engineering. Hence, it is basically a postgraduate course in Structural Engineering. It is a speciality syllabus which falls under the Civil Engineering.
For open candidate
• Candidate must have 50% aggregate percentage in the Bachelor degree in the field of Engineering and Technology
For Reserved Category candidate (Backward class or with disability belonging to the state of Maharashtra)-
• Candidate must have 45% aggregate percentage in the Bachelor degree in the field of Engineering and Technology
In either of the candidature the applicant must have appeared and scored in the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) examination conducted by the IIT.
* Job opportunities in private and public sector
* Scope of jobs in companies which deal with the design and analysis of Railways, Airports, Urban and Suburban road networks, traffic control signal systems to name a few.
* Immense scope in the Construction industry
* Working as consultant
* Working at supervisory and administrative positions