CAD stands for Computer Aided Design and CAM implies Computer Aided Manufacturing Course. The course intends to develop an engineer that can utilize the system to design a product and at the same time, control manufacturing process. These courses instill knowledge and skill in the students, which aids in developing the application of computer and scientific principles to provide solution to Engineering and manufacturing issues.
The responsibilities of an Electronic and Communication Engineer include:-
*Designing of a process which improve the workability and reliability of servers and mobile devices
*Designing of mechanical equipments which can aid in enhancing the functionality of servers
*Establishing networks and equipments
*Maintaining electronics, gears and systems
For open candidate
• Candidate must have 50% aggregate percentage in the Bachelor degree in the field of Engineering and Technology
For Reserved Category candidate (Backward class or with disability belonging to the state of Maharashtra)-
• Candidate must have 45% aggregate percentage in the Bachelor degree in the field of Engineering and Technology
In either of the candidature the applicant must have appeared and scored in the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Examination conducted by the IIT.
* Ph.D in CAD/CAM can be done at the completion of the course
* The sectors of manufacturing, R & D, Education, steel plants, space research institute, universities need the CAD/CAM engineers
* The industry involving automotive, sheet metal industry, pressure die castings, customized projects and reverse engineering hire the CAD/CAM Engineers.